Develop a Healthy Lifestyle
Change your life for the better
Thanks to tests and visits to your doctor, you can find health problems early. The first step is to see your doctor at least once a year. Work with your doctor. You both can decide which tests or shots are right for you. You can better protect yourself against disease.
If you need help picking a doctor, call Member Services, we can help. If you need help getting to the doctor, you can also call Member Services.
Call Medicaid Member Services at 1-800-441-5501
Call Comprehensive Long Term Care Member Services at 1-844-645-7371
Call Florida Healthy Kids Member Services at 1-844-528-5815
Choose my plate
Eating healthy doesn't have to cost a lot. Learn how to eat better on a budget with Choose My Plate. These easy tips come from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Heart Health is a great source of delicious, healthy recipes provided by the National Institutes of Health.
We know people like to get information in different ways. You can listen to free podcasts to learn more about staying healthy.
You can listen to podcasts on topics like weight loss, high blood pressure and heart disease. Find a subject of interest to you at the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
Healthy Weight – it’s not a diet, it’s a life style! Staying in control of your weight helps you stay healthy at any age.
- Get regular physical activity
- Limit high-calorie foods and drinks
- Take walks, garden, or do other activities you enjoy each day.
- Run errands on foot or bike, whenever possible, instead of by car.
- Join a walking or biking club.
Improve your diet
- Eat fewer red meats and processed meats.
- Eat at least 2.5 cups of fruits and vegetables daily, especially leafy greens.
- Eat more whole grains instead of refined grain products.
- Eat more vegetable protein, such as tofu.
- Eat foods from the cabbage family, such as broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts.
- Limit alcohol to two drinks a day for men and one drink a day for women.
Dejar de fumar
Dejar de fumar no es fácil, pero es posible. Si quiere dejar de fumar (para siempre), necesita saber a lo que se enfrenta, cuáles son sus opciones y dónde recurrir para conseguir ayuda. You'll find lots of helpful information at the American Cancer Society's guide to quit smoking. You can also visit Tobacco Free Florida - which provides education and free nicotine replacement therapy.
Use this quit calculator tool to see just how much you’ll be saving once you’re tobacco-free.
Krames Online is an education resource. It has more than 4,000 health and medication topics. Puede buscar respuestas las 24 horas del día. Krames Online lets you and your family find answers to most questions, both big and small.
MedlinePlus es el sitio web de los Institutos Nacionales de Salud para pacientes, sus familias y amigos. Obtendrá la información de salud que necesita en el idioma que pueda entender. ¡Este servicio es confiable, actualizado y gratuito!
You can use MedlinePlus to find:
- The latest treatments
- Information on a drug or supplement
- The meanings of terms you don’t understand
- Helpful medical videos or illustrations
- Links to the latest medical research on your topic
- Information about clinical trials in your area on a certain disease or condition