Case/Disease Management (Care Management)
As a member of Aetna Better Health, you have your own care manager. This is part of our care management program. Your care manager is here to help you find the care and services you need. You'll get a call from your care manager soon after you are enrolled with Aetna Better Health Plan.
Your care manager works with you, your doctors and other providers to make sure you receive the right care and services. Our goal is to build a care plan that will help you live a healthier life. Your care manager will meet with you by phone or where you live as often as needed.
A care manager can help guide you if:
- You’re going to the emergency room a lot
- You’re having trouble getting things your doctor has ordered
- Your doctor just told you that you have a disease, such as heart failure or diabetes, and you’d like to know more about the illness or the treatment
- You need services to help you at home, or help getting long-term services and support
- Your doctor wants you to see a specialist, but you don't know what to do
Do you have questions for your care manager? Just call your care manager directly or call the 24-hour Care Management line at 1-855-676-5772 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your care manager is there for you.