Questions to ask about your medications
We want you to be as healthy as possible. This includes being informed about the different medicines you need to take. To help you, we have included a list of questions you should always ask your provider when he or she gives you a prescription.
- Why am I taking this medicine? What is it supposed to do for me?
- How should the medicine be taken? When? For how many days?
- Are there any side effects or possible allergic reactions to this medicine?
- What should I do if I have a side effect or allergic reaction?
- What will happen if I don't take this medicine?
Carefully read the drug information the pharmacy gives you with your medicine. It will tell you what you should and shouldn’t do while taking the medicine. If you still have questions after you get your medicine, ask to speak with the pharmacist or call your provider.