Has your contact information changed?
Any changes in phone number, email, or address should be reported to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS). You can do this by going to the MIBridges website at www.michigan.gov/mibridges. If you do not have an account, you will need to create an account by selecting “Register”. Once in your account, when reporting changes, please make sure you do so in both the profile section and the Report Changes area. The Report Changes area is what the local office will use to update the address for your case.
Covid-19 Vaccine Video
Register for the COVID-19 Vaccine
Thank you for your interest in the FEMA/State of Michigan Ford Field COVID-19 vaccine clinic. Registration is now open! There are three options to register for a vaccine:
- Text “EndCOVID” to 75049
- Residents who don’t have access to the internet or who need assistance navigating the vaccine registration process can call the MDHHS COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 (press 1) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
After you complete the registration process, you will receive an invitation either by “voice” or “text” when it's your turn to schedule the appointment. Vaccine appointments will be scheduled a few days in advance of the actual appointment. The call center WILL have long wait times, and people should only call if they cannot use the web or text option.
COVID-19 Vaccine Townhalls
The State of Michigan is hosting virtual townhalls about the COVID-19 vaccine. You can watch them here.
- Your doctor does not need to get prior authorization from Aetna for you to get breathing equipment (i.e. ventilators, suction catheters, and oxygen). Quantity limits on these items do not apply
- Your doctor does not need to get prior authorization from Aetna for you to get medical supplies (i.e. diabetic strips, adult diapers) delivered to your home. Quantity limits on these items do not apply
- Certain surgical masks, hand sanitizer, and patient gowns are covered
COVID-19 Vaccination Information
You can find information about the COVID Vaccine here: Michigan.gov/COVIDVaccine
Pharmacy and Prescription Policy
- You are allowed to get an emergency refill on prescriptions if you are not able to visit you doctor (excludes control substances)
- Your pharmacy may fill your prescriptions early (excludes controlled substances)
- You can get a 90-day supply of your prescriptions
COVID-19 Related Covered Services
The following services are covered for members diagnosed with COVID-19:
- Doctor’s visits and services, including home visits and telemedicine services
- Laboratory tests and diagnostic imaging
- Prescribed drugs
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital services
- Long-term services and supports
- Other additional and medically needed Medicaid-covered services
COVID Community Resources
You can find community resources here.
Transportation services to and from necessary health care visits are available:
- Except in some circumstances, ride sharing (multiple riders in one vehicle) is not allowed
- If you have COVID-19 or think you may have COVID-19, you should wear a disposable facemask during your ride
COVID-19 Testing Sites
You can find information about COVID-19 in Michigan, including testing sites HERE.
Aetna will cover telemedicine visits – regardless of diagnosis. Aetna members should use telemedicine as their first line of defense in order to limit potential exposure in physician offices. Members may use telemedicine services for any reason, not just COVID-19 diagnosis. Telemedicine visits do not have to include video. They can be held over the telephone.
Aetna Better Health will pause all face-to-face member assessments. These assessments will be done over the phone.
Healthy Michigan Plan Copays
Copays for Healthy Michigan members who have COVID-19 are waived, including co-pays for COVID-19 tests, treatment, lab test, and hospital stays. These services will be removed from your MI Health Account statements.
Until the end of April 2020 or until the Governor’s Declaration of State of Emergency Order, member disenrollments will be paused. The only reason that members will be disenrolled from the plan is if members:
- Move out of state
- Requests that they be disenrolled
- Become deceased
COVID-19-- avoid scams
Aetna is working to protect you from COVID-19 scams. Do not respond if you get a call, text or email about “free” coronavirus testing. Do not give out your Aetna member ID number or other personal information. Please report any scams by calling 1-800-447-8477 or online at https://tips.oig.hhs.gov/. You can also call Aetna Member Services by calling the phone number on the back of your ID card.
Transition of Care (TOC) Policy
If you are a new member to Aetna Better Health of Michigan you can keep your current services and providers for up to 90 days.
If you are a pregnant member, you may get care from either in or out of network providers for 90 days to keep seeing the same provider.
If you are a current member and your provider is not in our network anymore, you may keep getting services for up to 90 days for ongoing treatment.
This will give us time to help you find an in-network provider. This will also help avoid sudden changes in your care plan.
You may not be able to get services from a provider in the following happens:
- You only need monitoring of a chronic condition.
- Your provider is not in good standing with state rules and his/her care may put you at risk.
- The provider will not continue your care.
- Care with a provider that is not in-network started after your start date with Aetna.
You and your provider will get help from our transition of care team. The team can help with approval of services, care coordination, and discharge planning from a facility.
Aetna can help you choose new doctors by calling 866-316-3784 Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm (TTY 711). Your provider can contact Aetna at 866-314-3784 Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm if they want to become a provider in our network.
One plan for all of your Medicare and Medicaid benefits
We understand that everyone has different needs. Whether your goal is to manage an illness, recover from an injury, remain in your home or just stay well, we can help you make it happen. Our goal is to help you get the right care, at the right time, in the right place.
Health care made easy
When health issues arise, you may have questions about your health coverage. You may also need help finding a provider near you. That’s why our Member Services department is here to help you.
Our Aetna Better Health Premier Plan Member Services team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us with questions about your benefits or for help choosing a provider. You can also ask us about any problems you may have with health care services. Our toll-free phone number is 1-855-676-5772 (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The call is free.
Our Aetna Better Health of Michigan Medicaid, Healthy Michigan and MIChild Plan Member Services team is available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1-866-316-3784, TTY 711. Call us with questions about your benefits or for help choosing a provider. We are here to answer all your questions. For 24 hour access 7 days a week, members may call 1-866-711-6664 for assistance and direct contact with a qualified clinical staff person.
The 24 Hour Nurse line: 1-866-711-6664
Be a voice in your community. Join a committee.
We’re always looking for members to help us improve. Let your voice be heard by joining our Member Advisory Committee. To join, you must be willing to attend meetings in person or by phone four to six times a year. If you want to attend meetings in person, and you need transportation, we can arrange it for you.
Download our Aetna Better Health Premier Plan Member Advisory Committee application and mail to:
Aetna Better Health℠ Premier Plan
Attn: Member Services
7400 W. Campus Rd.
New Albany, OH 43054
Download our Aetna Better Health Medicaid Plan Member Advisory Committee application and mail to:
Attn: Medicaid Member Services
Southfield, MI 48034
Aetna Better HealthSM Premier Plan is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and Michigan Medicaid to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees.