Health care providers may bill for any Medicaid billable service using the same billing codes and rates provided for face-to-face services. There is no need to use any additional procedure codes or modifiers. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has discontinued the use of “GT” suggested in the original pilot and it isn’t necessary for billing.
You’ll want to use place of service code POS 02 to indicate telehealth. For telephone services only, codes are time based.
- Physicians: use service codes 99441–99443
- Non-physicians: use 98966–98968
We’re waiving copays for telehealth visits for behavioral and mental health counseling for members eligible for managed long-term services and supports (MLTSS) and Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD). This is for the duration of the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- 99391 - PER PM REEVAL EST PAT INFANT
- 99392 - PREV VISIT EST AGE 1–4
- 99393 - PREV VISIT EST AGE 5–11
- 99394 - PREV VISIT EST AGE 12–17
- 99395 - PREV VISIT EST AGE 18–39