Fraude y abuso
Sometimes members, providers and Aetna Better Health employees may choose to do dishonest acts. These dishonest acts are called fraud and abuse. The following acts are the most common types of fraud, waste and abuse:
- Members selling or lending their ID card to someone else
- Members trying to get drugs or services they do not need
- Members forging or altering prescriptions they receive from their providers
- Providers billing for services they didn’t give
- Providers giving services to members that they do not need
- Verbal, physical, mental, or sexual abuse by providers
You can call us to report fraud, waste and abuse at 1-866-827-2710, TTY 711 to report these types of acts right away. You can also contact our Special Investigations Unit by calling 1-888-972-6980. You can do this confidentially. We do not need to know who you are.
You can also report fraud, waste or abuse on this website.
You can also report suspected fraud, waste or abuse to the Maryland Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) by calling 1-888-743-0023.