Becoming an Aetna Better Health Kids Member
Your child(ren) under age 19 may qualify for Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) if you do not have other health coverage. You can qualify for these programs based on your income, household size and other factors. CHIP provides no cost or low-cost health coverage to thousands of Pennsylvanians.
It’s easy to apply:
Starting April 3, 2023, you will be able to submit applications, renewals, and verification documents in several ways:
- Online at dhs.pa.gov/COMPASS.
- Upload photos of verification documents on the free myCOMPASS PA mobile app.
- Call 1-866-550-4355 or call CHIP at 1-800-986-5437 and select option 2 to complete applications and renewals via phone.
- Mail, fax, or drop off items in person to your local County Assistance Office (CAO).
How do I find my local County Assistance Office?
You can find the address, phone number, and hours of operation of your local County Assistance Office by:
- Visiting www.dhs.pa.gov/Services/Assistance/Pages/CAO-Contact.aspx
- Calling the Customer Service Center at 1-877-395-8930.
How do I report changes in my household after application and before renewal?
You can use COMPASS, the myCOMPASS PA mobile app, or call the Customer Service Center at 1- 877-395-8930 or 1-215-560-7226 in Philadelphia to report changes such as household size, change in income, or a new address.
Will I still be able to contact my CHIP health insurance company?
Yes. You will still receive communications from your health insurance company and be able to contact them with questions about benefits, services, and premiums.