Your Child's Health is Important
So many hopes and dreams are wrapped up in this little person you've brought into the world. We want your child to grow up healthy and happy. That's why we cover well-child checkups for your child from birth all the way through age 20.
Los niños crecen y cambian rápidamente. It's important for your child to see a primary care physician (PCP) on a regular basis even when he or she isn't sick. Esas visitas se llaman control del niño sano.
Durante uno de esos controles, el PCP de su hijo:
- Le hace un examen físico completo
- Checks your child’s growth and development
- Controla la vista, la audición y los dientes de su hijo
- Aplica las vacunas necesarias
- Orders lab work as needed (for example, a blood test)
- Answers any questions you have, like what foods are good for your child
- Finds any health problems before they become serious
- Gets to know your child so they can take better care of him or her
Remember, well-child checkups are important to the health and well-being of your child.