Tips about your medicines
Aetna Better Health of Maryland wants you to be as healthy as possible. You want to know about the different medicines you take. To help you, here's a list of questions you should always ask your provider when he or she gives you a prescription.
- Why am I taking this medicine? What is it supposed to do for me?
- How should the medicine be taken? When? For how many days?
- Are there any side effects or possible allergic reactions to this medicine?
- What should I do if I have a side effect or allergic reaction?
- What will happen if I don't take this medicine?
Carefully read the drug information given with your medicine. It will tell you what you should and shouldn't do while taking the medicine. If you still have questions after you get your medicine, ask to speak with the pharmacist or call your provider.
You can find information about your medicine by logging into our member web portal to look up the following:
- Drug to drug interaction
- Drug risks
- Drug safety
- Generic availability
For information on drug safety, check out the resources from the Food and Drug Administration.